Sunday 26 January 2020

TIMMTI: Back to Buzzfeed

The Internet Made Me Try It

App: Buzzfeed
Ad: Quiz
Targeted: No

Before we get into today's ad, remember the bullet journal spread idea I saw on Pinterest a while ago?  Here's how my take on it turned out:


I copied the original layout and washi tape shapes but changed the colours to match the serene pool image I picked for the facing page.  I think it came out looking quite pretty!

On to today's app, and I'm going back to Buzzfeed to see what other sponsored content it has to offer me. 



Today's top story is about how Boris Johnson is hiring a Daily Mail journalist as his new Press Secretary, which is.... a worry.  Despite the feeling that it would probably upset me, I read through anyway and found no ads embedded in it.  The next article is a listicle about YouTuber Jenna Marbles' dog which is of no interest to me - I'm not really a fan of her content, or of dogs.  Next up, an advertisement for Buzzfeed's "Quibbles & Bits" newsletter.  Let's see what that's about.



Buzzfeed has a number of different newsletters that it often advertises in this spot on the homepage, and this one is about "grammar, linguistic tidbits, and word facts you need to know".  It prompts me to "enter my email address below" but I guess there's some sort of glitch with the app because there's nowhere on the page for me to enter any information.  I've noticed that there are sometimes bits of embedded content on this app that doesn't show on my phone so I guess this is one of those times and I'm going to have to pass on this recommendation.

Next up is a quiz called "What Should You Eat For Dinner?".  It's not an ad but I might be persuaded to change my dinner plans depending on the outcome...



It's one of those quizzes where you're asked to pick favourite things that have nothing to do with food (colours, numbers, that sort of thing) to get to an outcome, so I guess it's not going to make a suggestion based on what I'm in the mood for but is more random.  After 5 short questions, Buzzfeed says I should have tacos for dinner, which sounds delicious but unfortunately my mum is cooking tonight and tacos are not part of her repertoire.  Next time I'm home alone though, I think it might just be taco time.


No comments:

Post a Comment