Monday 3 February 2020

TIMMTI Review: Amazon pens

Back on the 18th of January I ordered a set of pens that Buzzfeed thought might 'turn my frown upside down'.  Today I came home to this package:


At first I thought, "that's weird, I don't remember ordering anything from Wish", but once I picked it up and realised what was inside I remembered these pens.  If you haven't ordered from Wish before, this is what all of their parcels look like - my thumb is covering my address and home phone number which they print on the label for some reason because I guess China doesn't care about GDPR. 

Anyway, this is what was inside:


They're not exactly the same as the pens in the Amazon listing as the patterns are different but very much in the same cutesy family (and they match my sheets!).  As you can see, they came in plastic wrapping and not the sturdy box that some of the Amazon reviewers mentioned, but luckily none of them are missing or leaking.  The colour names are not immediately obvious from their casings but the lids have the colours listed on alongside a cute message:


There are 10 different colours, although that includes 'blue', 'light blue' and 'dark blue'.  As for how they look on paper, here's a demo:



A few of the colours took a minute to get flowing - you can probably see where the ink wasn't coming out and I've gone over the lines again in a few places.  Once they had a chance though they all look pretty good.  The 'blue' and 'dark blue' look pretty similar but other than that there's a nice selection of colours and I'll get good use out of them if they last, although I don't have high hopes for them lasting very long.  If they run out quickly I'll drop back in and let you know how much writing I actually managed to get done with them! 

Overall I think they're nice pens but I'm not sure they're worth the £3.59 I paid for them.  They're certainly cheaper than the name-brand fineliners on the market here but you can pick up set from The Works or the supermarket that work just as well, although their casings aren't as cute as these!

No comments:

Post a Comment