Tuesday 21 January 2020

TIMMTI: Lookiero

The Internet Made Me Try It

App: Facebook
Ad: Lookiero
Targeted?: Unsure

Today we're back to Facebook, where I started on day one of this experiment.  I've had to scroll through a lot of my feed to find an advert that I can use, as the ones at the top of my feed are for the broadband supplier I already have and a Government awareness campaign.  I tried the 'stories' but there was only one ad on there and it was for expensive art software which is not in my budget.  The marketplace in my area only seems to be for selling beds and houses, which are definitely not in my budget! 

The first advert I ended up seeing that I could use was for a site called Lookiero, which is a clothing subscription box service.  I've not heard of this particular company but I've seen Safiya Nygaard get some of these types of boxes before from social media ads, and since this one is offering me a box of 5 items with no purchase necessary, I'm going to give it a go. 

Lookiero works like a lot of other clothing subscription boxes in that you fill out a questionnaire and then a stylist picks out items and sends them to you.  There were a variety of different types of question - they asked for my clothing sizes, obviously, but also about my hair and eye colour and which features I like to accentuate.  They also asked me to pick my favourite from a selection of pictures of different clothing styles, allowed me to link my Pinterest board and let me make a comment to my stylist explaining my style.  Doing the questionnaire was quite fun and the idea of a personal stylist picking out some items to suit my answers is intriguing.  I suppose what they're offering is the feeling of being a celebrity with a professional to pick your clothes out for you. 

The box isn't going to come until next month so it'll be a while before I can review what they send me but I'm looking forward to it - the order was completely free and I will apparently only pay for the items I decide I want to keep, with the rest to be mailed back free of charge. 

I'll be back next month to blog about what I receive but in the meantime if you want to place an order and join me on this journey into the unknown, the site is www.lookiero.co.uk .  If you've ever ordered from a fashion subscription service let me know what your experience was like!

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment