Sunday 20 December 2015

#NOTD: Festive sparkle

It's almost Christmas and there are few things that make me feel less festive than glitter, so this month I've been covering my nails with seasonal sparkle. 

The first Saturday of the month happened to be my work Christmas party which was a great night, I'm so glad to have met such a lovely bunch of people to hang out with both inside the office and out. I put on my pretty lace dress and wore my favourite glitter to fit in with the party theme of red and white.


The polish in question is Barry M's Red Glitter shade which I bought a few years ago and have never grown tired of. It doesn't matter what time of year I wear it, it always feels like Christmas when I see it twinkling on my fingertips. It's a really thick glitter which doesn't need a basecoat underneath to hide the gaps the sparkles don't fill; the above is just two coats of glitter with fast drying topcoat on top to make my nails shiny and smooth. It's one of my favourite looks and also the source of lots of compliments - one friend even asked where I'd had them done! Of all the glitter polishes I've tried, Barry M's is the sparkliest and most satisfying and although it chips quickly because of its thickness I don't mind because it looks so amazing.


This week I've gone for the opposite in Christmas colours with a shiny green glitter instead. The photo above doesn't quite do it justice, for some reason the glitter looks much more sparse there as it does in real life but I can assure you it is very sparkly. 
This glitter is not the Barry M green that I probably should have bought, but rather a cheap bottle I found in a bargain store. It's not nearly as dense and as you can probably tell from the above I had to use a couple of coats of colour under the glitter. I chose Pacific from the Barry M Aquarium collection as my base here which has given the look a turquoise hue in some lights rather than the pure emerald colour of the glitter itself. Actually, it was lucky that this manicure happened as I also bought this same glitter in purple and when I tried to use it a few months ago I found that it had solidified. I don't know exactly why the green stayed in such good condition when I bought them at the same time but I'm glad it did so I can walk around like a Christmassy Sally Bowles for the next few days. No word yet on how soon this will chip as it has remained pristine since yesterday morning but as there are two coats of blue, two of glitter and one or two of top coat, I don't expect this look to make it to Christmas, which means I have time to dream up one last festive manicure before 2015 is out!


Polishes used: Barry M Aquarium Collection Nail Paint in Pacific; w7 nail polish in Green Glitter
(Previous look: Barry M Nail Paint in Red Glitter)



No comments:

Post a Comment