Tuesday 15 December 2015

101 goals in 1001 days, December 2015 update

I've now been keeping this blog going for a few months and I've written a couple of updates about my progress in achieving my Day Zero list of goals. Not only is it now almost the end of 2015 but with 532 days remaining, I'm almost halfway to the deadline with almost half of my goals either completed or in progress. (Note: goals listed in grey are detailed in previous blog entries)

Now completed: 

2. Dress up for Halloween
Halloween fell on a Saturday this year and I was working in the Shelter shop so we put in a little effort to make the store spooky. My manager got into it the most with a witch costume and cauldron of sweets for customers, while I wore my favourite black velvet dress with thick boots and goth jewellery, inspired by the Addams Family, the coven from American Horror Story, and the girls from The Craft.

4. Attend my 100th concert
10. Meet up with my old high school friends
15. Visit Edinburgh in Fringe season
23. See a comedy show
29. Go on a road trip
31. See a musical
49. Visit London
51. Photograph a concert
51. Help sort through Granny's things

55. Go to the beach
A few months ago I went on a spontaneous day trip with my parents and my gran to the nearby seaside towns of Dunbar, St Abbs and Eyemouth. We saw the seal who hangs out in the Dunbar harbour, I dipped my toes in the sea, collected shells and walked in the sand at St Abbs, and we had a fish supper and amazing ice cream at Giacopazzi's restaurant in Eyemouth.

65. Volunteer for a charity

71. Get paid
I started my job as a tech support agent in October and since then I've received my first few paychecks - it feels great to finally have money coming in to the bank!

75. Buy a dress

80. Watch every season of a TV show
I spent the Summer watching Arrested Development and I also finally managed to finish Gilmore Girls earlier in the year. My current TV projects are The Office (US) and the various Kardashian shows.

81. Read 10 library books
92. Visit Wales
93. Visit five tourist spots in Edinburgh
94. Write a letter to someone who has inspired me
95. Meet an online friend in person
100. See The Blackout for the 50th time

No comments:

Post a Comment