Sunday 8 November 2015

#NOTD: Spring time in November

We might be heading for Winter, but my nails this week are looking forward to that time of year when life becomes candy coloured again!


I love brightly coloured nails but my go-to colour is usually black so it's not often that I actually use the various sunny polishes I own. This week I chose three pretty Easter egg colours and they cheered me up all week. I don't think I've ever used the yellow polish before, in fact the lid was so tight that I had to get a grown-up to open it for me, and it's been a while since I opened the purple or the mint green despite it being one of my favourite colours.

Colours used: Barry M Nail Paint in Mint Green, Nails Inc London in Miami Purple, Missguided Nail Polish in Misslead

The Barry M nail polish is probably my favourite of the three, it hasn't chipped as much as the yellow did. The Missguided polish was a magazine freebie which I was also pretty impressed with, I was originally going to use a gold shade instead but I'm glad I went with yellow instead. The purple Nails Inc polish also held up fairly well here even though I realised after my nails were dry that I hadn't painted right over the edges of my nails and the colour underneath was peeking through. In hindsight the purple tips aren't my favourite look - someone asked if I had dirt on them which is not a good look - but when I've used this polish in the past I've had to put on coat after coat before it started looking like nail polish rather than felt-tip pen, and here it went on well straight away. 

Overall I definitely enjoyed using brights for a change even though they're really out of season and a little childish looking. They really cheered up my dull days at the office and I'm looking forward to the next time I bring them out of hibernation!

What I watched while painting: The Graham Norton Show

No comments:

Post a Comment