Saturday 25 July 2015

July wishlist


From top left:

Anchor Pendant, £13.99, Monster Merchandise
Monster Merchandise is a clothing company run by Gavin Butler (who was a member of my favourite band, The Blackout) which primarily sells t-shirts featuring classic horror characters and pop culture icons from Frankenstein to zombie Elvis. This month the label launched its first jewellery collection featuring traditional 'monster' imagery like skulls and fangs but my favourite piece is the anchor necklace shown above. In related news, the site has put all of their old designs on sale to make way for the new ones, so there are a whole lot of great t-shirts available for £5. I recently bought tees with 2 of my favourite characters on (Kiefer Sutherland as David in The Lost Boys and Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams in The Addams Family) and people always ask about them when I wear them, so I would definitely recommend Monster Merchandise to anyone who loves fun t-shirts.

Points Up T-Shirt, £12.50, Fashion Conscious Clothing
My friend Josh launched his clothing store, Fashion Conscious, this week with three t-shirt designs. All three are rad but as an eternal teen goth I'm naturally drawn to this black t-shirt with a pentagram design. I've actually held back from placing an order on this until I could get this blog post out, so expect me to have one of these t-shirts in my wardrobe very soon unless they all sell out before I get the chance. 

Transparent Rain Boots, £8.99 (for coloured soles, right), eBay
I know it's summer but when you live in the UK there's never a bad time to think about waterproof footwear. I've always been a fan of quirky shoes but loathed wellington boots, which I absolutely will not wear unless there's ankle-deep snow on the ground - this proved to be a terrible mistake when I went to Leeds Festival one year and the mud was so thick that I almost gave up on the walk from the festival gates to the main stage, a traumatic experience that I don't think my Mary Janes ever recovered from. 
When I spotted these shoes on my Tumblr dashboard I realised I'd found the perfect solution, now my problem is deciding which colour I like best because there are so many to choose from. I think I'm leaning towards the black soles (left) which conceivably offer the illusion of having Doc Martens in any colour or pattern imaginable (they look so good with those lilac socks), but unfortunately I'm having trouble finding that exact style online. On the other hand the neon coloured soles are so fun and unlike anything I've ever seen before, but narrowing my choice down to just one of the colours seems like an impossible task so it looks like I'm going to have to do some more research before I make a final decision. Either way, this year I'm determined to be winter - and festival - ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment