Tuesday 29 September 2015

101 Things in 1001 Days, 1 year in

I wrote in July about my Day Zero list, in which I have 101 goals which I aim to accomplish in 1001 days, beginning September 1 2014. That means I'm now just over a year in, with 609 days remaining until the end of the 1001 day period. In the last blog I shared the 11 items which I had completed so far, and since then I have completed another six, with 25 more marked 'in progress'.

Now completed:

4. Attend my 100th concert
10. Meet up with my high school friends

15. Visit Edinburgh in Fringe season
This year I went to Edinburgh not once, but twice to see Fringe shows. I wrote a blog about the first of those trips here, and on the second trip I went to see The Addams Family Musical, a musical revue entitled Shitfaced Showtime, comedians Ed Byrne and Mae Martin, an improvised Sherlock Holmes play, a one-woman play called Bette Davis Ain't For Sissies and a dome cinema show, bringing the total number of shows attended to 11.




23. See a comedy show
As above, I saw two comedy shows at the Fringe Festival.

29. Go on a road trip

31. See a musical
Also at the Fringe, I saw both Grease and the Addams Family.

46. Visit London
49. Photograph a concert
51. Help sort through Granny's things
65. Volunteer for a charity
75. Buy a dress

81. Read 10 library books
I've read the following since I started this challenge:
1. How To Build A Girl - Caitlin Moran   
2. Hollywood Royalty - Gregory Speck
3. Not That Kind Of Girl - Lena Dunham
4. An Abundance Of Katherines - John Green
5. Life On Planet Rock - Lonn Friend
6. Fifty Shades Of Dorian Gray - Nicole Audrey Spector/Oscar Wilde 
7. Flappers - Judith Mackrell 
8. Getting Warmer - Carol Snow 
9. The Fall And Rise Of Gordon Coppinger - David Nobbs 
10. Letters Home - Sylvia Plath ed Aurelia Schober Plath 

92. Visit Wales

93. Visit five tourist spots in Edinburgh
In August I did the following:
 1. Walked to the bottom of the Royal Mile to Holyrood and Dynamic Earth
 2. Lay in the grass in Princes St Gardens
 3. Had an ice cream at the Grassmarket
 4. Browsed Armstrong's Vintage Emporium
 5. Attended the city's Fringe Festival




94. Write a letter to someone who has inspired me

95. Meet an online friend in person 
Although we'd been in the same spaces before we started talking online, I began talking to my friend Amber online at the end of last year and we officially met in March. I should have marked this one as completed before I wrote my last blog but missed it, and have checked it off now.

100. See The Blackout for the 50th time




No comments:

Post a Comment